and home improvement projects I do that are inspired by Pinterest. I’m
so happy to be guest posting for Courtney today!
kids to do. Once you know how to make the basic fold, you just repeat
it five times to make a whole flower. I used plain printer paper and cut it to make a square, but you can use scrapbook paper. Just make sure the paper you choose isn’t too thick or it will be difficult to fold.
paper, cut to make a square
invisible or matte tape (not glossy)
1. Start with a square piece of paper and fold it in half diagonally.
2. Fold each corner up.
3. Fold each triangle in half so the tip points out.
4. Fold the tips of the triangles down.
5. Unfold. With one hand, hold the triangle closed. With the other hand refold on the existing fold lines. Repeat for the opposite side.
6. It should look like this.
7. Fold the tips down again.
8. Fold the corners in.
9. Roll and tape closed. This is the first petal for your flower. You will need to do this four more times to make a total of five petals.
10. Now tape each petal together. Keep taping each petal together until you have a five petal flower. It’s best to use invisible or matte tape so you won’t be able to see it. Glossy tape will show and won’t look as nice.
11. Tape the petals together on the back.
(I used a blue flower so you can see the tape.)
12. Poke a wooden skewer into the flower for the stem.
It should look like this when you’re all finished.
Thank you so much Bonnie for guest posting at ADitS today!!! It was a pleasure having you visit!!!
Head over to The Pin Junkie for tons of great projects and recipes!!!